Hello SunBurn community!
As you’ve probably heard, this year’s SunBurn Dream Build Play entries already made quite an impression on XNA developers, gamers and the game media alike. There are a number of fantastic new games entered into Dream Build Play, developed by both new and prominent members of the SunBurn community.
One in particular; Orbitron: Revolution, is not even available to play - yet STILL landed an article on Kotaku based only on the trailer! Not to mention the trailer video racked up over 23,000 views in just a few days. :)
This year’s entries do an excellent job showing off how much talent we have here in our community and the power of the SunBurn Game Engine.
Here are just a few examples that come to mind...
This unbelievably polished game was developed by Firebase Industries and community member FrontlineFire (an employee at Firebase). It builds on elements of the classic game Defender, while providing an updated experience, many unique game modes and power-ups, as well as online leaderboards.
The game is simply stunning. Its visuals look like they’re straight out of a retail / boxed console game – and it proves indies can create AAA quality when given the right tools and a great team.
As mentioned above this game is extremely hot right now, the team landed an article on Kotaku using only the trailer, and the trailer itself has had over 23,000 views in the few days since it was posted.
Haiku Interactive’s follow up to AvaGlide, one of the most relaxing and enjoyable games on XBLIG. Take your avatar to the skies and hang-glide through fantastic levels enjoying the scenery, or race against time to compete with other players’ online scores.
The guys at Haiku added several new game modes, new locations, and even more detailed and beautiful environments to AvaGlide 2.
While AvaGlide 2 is not yet available you can start enjoying the AvaGlide experience with the original, available on Xbox and PC.
An online multiplayer battle game developed by Exato Games and community member / Microsoft MVP Andy “Zman” Dunn. The game offers an incredible number of features including a mix of real-time strategy and action elements.
It also features both unit and opponent AI, as well as multiplayer game modes, which allow you to play coop or versus a friend.
We want to say "Congratulations!" to every SunBurn developer who submitted a game in Dream Build Play. As always we’re extremely impressed with the great games coming out of this community.
And we wish you all the best luck in the competition!
If you have a SunBurn game submitted in Dream Build Play let us know, we’d love to hear about it!
Other SunBurn 2.0 Blogs:
- Announcing the SunBurn 2.0 Game Engine - free upgrade, new editions, and updated features
- SunBurn 2.0 Collisions, Scenegraph, and Components - new collision system, components, and more
- SunBurn 2.0 upgrade for our Torque customers - upgrade path for all of our previous TLK technology customers
- SunBurn 2.0 goes Mobile on Windows Phone 7! - full Windows Phone 7 support, light mapping, and more
- Holiday, Components, and more! - read about the new components and more
- SunBurn 2.0: components, perfabs, and more! - more details about SunBurn's new component system
- Festive SunBurn 2.0 Starter Kits, yum, yum! - first release of the new SunBurn Starter kit
- SunBurn 2.0.10 update available - streamlined user experience and integrated starter kits
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Scenegraph Optimizations - faster scenegraph and City Demo with 10,000 buildings
- SunBurn 2.0.12 Update Now Available! - edit components and custom scene object types in editor
- SunBurn Update: Windows Redistributable - ship Windows games using only the XNA Redistributable
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Workflow Enhancements - background importing, shared materials, Visual Studio templates, and more
- SunBurn 2.0.13 Update: Get it Now! - the latest goodies are now available
- SunBurn 2.0.14 Update Available! - extended materials and sprite rendering on Windows Phone 7
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Reflections and Clipping Planes - the return of the Reflection / Refraction example
- SunBurn Game Engine: Audio System, Drag-Drop, and More! - announcing the new SunBurn audio system!
- SunBurn 2.0.15 Released - Audio System, Reflections, and Auto-Unwrap! - check out new the audio system and more
- SunBurn powers British Airways demo at Microsoft's WP7 Mango event - Microsoft and British Airways chooses SunBurn for huge Mango event demo
06-19-2011 4:41 PM