Hello SunBurn community!
We just rolled out two exciting new updates for the SunBurn Game Engine!
The first is a complete sgMotion animation plugin for SunBurn - it includes editor integration, animation components, and more.
And second is a refresh of SunBurn 2.0.18, which provides correct plugin integration and an updated Resource SDK for resource developers.
sgMotion Animation Plugin
There is now an sgMotion Animation Library plugin for SunBurn, which provides complete integration of sgMotion features in the engine. As well as full access to the sgMotion and plugin source code for rolling your own changes, enhancements, and modifications.
What do we mean by complete integration with SunBurn?
Import sgMotion Models into the SunBurn Editor
The plugin allows importing any model with embedded animations (like FBX and X files), and choosing the sgMotion model / animation processor for it in the SunBurn editor. The sgMotion models can be dropped into the scene and immediately used like any other model.
The SunBurn editor provides access to sgMotion's complete range of model and animation processor options, meaning you can setup models imported through the editor with same options as those imported in code.
Also included with the plugin is a simple and lightweight animation component that automatically detects any sgMotion model used by the scene object, extracts the available animations, allows you to play / switch animations, and handles updating the active animations for you.
To use this feature simply add the sgMotionAnimationComponent to any scene object with an sgMotion imported ModelAsset. Then call SwitchToAnimation() on the component to animate the object!
Integrated Animation Clip Editor!
Probably the most exciting feature is the Animation Clip Editor, which is completely integrated into the SunBurn editor! :)
You can right-click on any scene object in the scene-tree that contains an sgMotion model, select "Plugins -> sgMotion -> Edit Model Animations", and then add / modify / remove animation clips based on the model's root animations.
And of course there's a slick little animation viewer that shows the current object's model playing the selected animation. :)
If you have any questions or comments let us know!
Other SunBurn 2.0 Blogs:
- Announcing the SunBurn 2.0 Game Engine - free upgrade, new editions, and updated features
- SunBurn 2.0 Collisions, Scenegraph, and Components - new collision system, components, and more
- SunBurn 2.0 upgrade for our Torque customers - upgrade path for all of our previous TLK technology customers
- SunBurn 2.0 goes Mobile on Windows Phone 7! - full Windows Phone 7 support, light mapping, and more
- Holiday, Components, and more! - read about the new components and more
- SunBurn 2.0: components, perfabs, and more! - more details about SunBurn's new component system
- Festive SunBurn 2.0 Starter Kits, yum, yum! - first release of the new SunBurn Starter kit
- SunBurn 2.0.10 update available - streamlined user experience and integrated starter kits
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Scenegraph Optimizations - faster scenegraph and City Demo with 10,000 buildings
- SunBurn 2.0.12 Update Now Available! - edit components and custom scene object types in editor
- SunBurn Update: Windows Redistributable - ship Windows games using only the XNA Redistributable
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Workflow Enhancements - background importing, shared materials, Visual Studio templates, and more
- SunBurn 2.0.13 Update: Get it Now! - the latest goodies are now available
- SunBurn 2.0.14 Update Available! - extended materials and sprite rendering on Windows Phone 7
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Reflections and Clipping Planes - the return of the Reflection / Refraction example
- SunBurn Game Engine: Audio System, Drag-Drop, and More! - announcing the new SunBurn audio system!
- SunBurn 2.0.15 Released - Audio System, Reflections, and Auto-Unwrap! - check out new the audio system and more
- SunBurn powers British Airways demo at Microsoft's WP7 Mango event - Microsoft and British Airways chooses SunBurn for huge Mango event demo
- SunBurn Game Engine Storms into Dream Build Play! - see the awesome SunBurn games in Dream Build Play 2011!
- SunBurn Game Engine: Advanced Static Lighting - as awesome as SunBurn's dynamic lighting only faster!
- SunBurn Game Engine: Transparencies, Player Controller, and More! - see the latest upcoming features
- SunBurn Launches Powerful new Community Plugin System - tools and SDK to develop and share SunBurn plugins, examples, code snippets, tutorials, and more
- New SunBurn Community Resources Portal! - download and share the latest community resources!
- SunBurn Game Engine: A Whole New Level of Flexibility! - community resources, editor plugins, and more!
- Orbitron: Revolution blasts onto Xbox LIVE Marketplace! - Orbitron makes one hell of an impression on Xbox LIVE!
- SunBurn 2.0.17 Released – Advanced Lighting, Transparencies, and tons of Enhancements! - Wow!
- New SunBurn Documentation and Silverlight WP7 Example - lots of new resources to get started
- Starting 2012 with style: SunBurn Game Engine 2.0.18 Preview! - integrated physics, enhanced terrain, and more!
- SunBurn Game Engine 2.0.18: Built-in Character Controller! - easily manipulating objects based on input from the player!
- SunBurn 2.0.18 Released - Physics, Char Controller, More! - definitely one of SunBurn's most exciting releases!
02-23-2012 4:49 PM