Hello SunBurn community!
This afternoon we released two new examples for the SunBurn Game Engine - as well as awesome updates to a number of existing examples!
Create Scenes in Code
The two new examples are modified versions of the existing Dojo and Custom Physics examples, which show how to create scenes and games entirely in code (without using the SunBurn Editor).
This is helpful when creating procedural levels, loading from custom level files, and even when spawning objects dynamically.
We've also updated several existing examples with new features and improvements, including:
- Reflection / Refraction - support for standard transparent materials on reflection / refraction objects
- Light Mapping - player character can now look in full range of motion (up, down, left, right)
- Dojo - player character can now look in full range of motion (up, down, left, right)
More on the Way!
Like I mentioned in our last blog, the awesome updates we've released over the past few weeks are only a small fraction of what's to come. So stay tuned for more!
If you have any questions or comments let us know!
Other SunBurn 2.0 Blogs:
- Announcing the SunBurn 2.0 Game Engine - free upgrade, new editions, and updated features
- SunBurn 2.0 Collisions, Scenegraph, and Components - new collision system, components, and more
- SunBurn 2.0 upgrade for our Torque customers - upgrade path for all of our previous TLK technology customers
- SunBurn 2.0 goes Mobile on Windows Phone 7! - full Windows Phone 7 support, light mapping, and more
- Holiday, Components, and more! - read about the new components and more
- SunBurn 2.0: components, perfabs, and more! - more details about SunBurn's new component system
- Festive SunBurn 2.0 Starter Kits, yum, yum! - first release of the new SunBurn Starter kit
- SunBurn 2.0.10 update available - streamlined user experience and integrated starter kits
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Scenegraph Optimizations - faster scenegraph and City Demo with 10,000 buildings
- SunBurn 2.0.12 Update Now Available! - edit components and custom scene object types in editor
- SunBurn Update: Windows Redistributable - ship Windows games using only the XNA Redistributable
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Workflow Enhancements - background importing, shared materials, Visual Studio templates, and more
- SunBurn 2.0.13 Update: Get it Now! - the latest goodies are now available
- SunBurn 2.0.14 Update Available! - extended materials and sprite rendering on Windows Phone 7
- SunBurn Dev Journal: Reflections and Clipping Planes - the return of the Reflection / Refraction example
- SunBurn Game Engine: Audio System, Drag-Drop, and More! - announcing the new SunBurn audio system!
- SunBurn 2.0.15 Released - Audio System, Reflections, and Auto-Unwrap! - check out new the audio system and more
- SunBurn powers British Airways demo at Microsoft's WP7 Mango event - Microsoft and British Airways chooses SunBurn for huge Mango event demo
- SunBurn Game Engine Storms into Dream Build Play! - see the awesome SunBurn games in Dream Build Play 2011!
- SunBurn Game Engine: Advanced Static Lighting - as awesome as SunBurn's dynamic lighting only faster!
- SunBurn Game Engine: Transparencies, Player Controller, and More! - see the latest upcoming features
- SunBurn Launches Powerful new Community Plugin System - tools and SDK to develop and share SunBurn plugins, examples, code snippets, tutorials, and more
- New SunBurn Community Resources Portal! - download and share the latest community resources!
- SunBurn Game Engine: A Whole New Level of Flexibility! - community resources, editor plugins, and more!
- Orbitron: Revolution blasts onto Xbox LIVE Marketplace! - Orbitron makes one hell of an impression on Xbox LIVE!
- SunBurn 2.0.17 Released – Advanced Lighting, Transparencies, and tons of Enhancements! - Wow!
- New SunBurn Documentation and Silverlight WP7 Example - lots of new resources to get started
- Starting 2012 with style: SunBurn Game Engine 2.0.18 Preview! - integrated physics, enhanced terrain, and more!
- SunBurn Game Engine 2.0.18: Built-in Character Controller! - easily manipulating objects based on input from the player!
- SunBurn 2.0.18 Released - Physics, Char Controller, More! - definitely one of SunBurn's most exciting releases!
- New sgMotion Plugin and the SunBurn 2.0.18 Refresh! - integrate sgMotion automatically using the SunBurn plugin system!
- Latest SunBurn 2.0.18 Update Available! - includes several new features, enhancements, as well as fixes.
06-12-2012 3:39 PM