We are attempting to convert our project up to 1.3.1. It runs, but has some issues. Mainly that until we move the camera, it all looks fine. Then everything degenerates into these wierd artifacts, with peices of geometry not rendering, or being sliced up. I don't really know how to describe it, so here is everything before I move.Here is everything after I move.
What on earth could cause something like this?Also, the suburn editor has magical properties that make this probelm go away. We are using deferred rendering, but it also occurs in regular rendering. As a side note, we had a skull rendering without using sunburn, but it was kinda inside outish, since we updated.
It looks like RenderManager.ClearBackBufferEnabled is disabled and the depth buffer is not being manually cleared. This will cause each frame to z-clip against all previous depth data.
You can either re-enable RenderManager.ClearBackBufferEnabled or make sure to include the depth buffer in any manual GraphicsDevice.Clear() calls.
Let me know if this helps!
Follow me on Twitter – development and personal tweetsAwesome XNA Videos – Lighting, Rendering, and game videos
Ah thankyou for that. Flipped a bool to true, and all was good. Easy to spot when you know how.1.3.1 is rather different, but is much better to use. Thanks for your help :)